Monday, March 17, 2014

Kenny Agostino talks Calgary, Yale

The past 48 hours have been a blur for Kenny Agostino. Yale was eliminated Saturday night, he spent Sunday morning negotiating with the Calgary Flames and that afternoon, he got a real shocker -- word the team wanted him to report straight to the NHL. He spent today in transit, arriving in Calgary only a couple of hours ago, tired, hungry and still in awe of what's happened.

"The turnaround was so quick," Agostino said. "When I received the news that I'd be going off to Calgary, I can't even describe the feeling. I'm just excited for whatever opportunity presents itself and plan to keep my eyes and ears open for as long as I'm here."

Agostino isn't quite sure what's in store yet. He'll know more after meeting with Flames officials prior to tomorrow's pregame morning skate. As of now, he says doesn't know if he'll dress for Tuesday night's game with Buffalo, only because everything has happened so fast. At the moment, Friday against Nashville looks like it'll be his debut.

"Nothing is official," Agostino said. "I still can't believe how fast everything happened."

A year ago around this time, Agostino chose to hold off on signing another year to complete his Yale degree in political science. The team returned from the Frozen Four in Pittsburgh on a Sunday morning, and Agostino headed home to Flanders, N.J. to mull his options. And even though the Bulldogs season ended earlier than expected, a quarterfinal loss at Quinnipiac last weekend, things have worked out just fine.

"I don't regret my decision for a second," Agostino said. "I got to spend four years with my best friends, coach Allain and the staff at Yale. It was the best four years of my life. Words can't describe how special those four years at Yale were to me. Now, I'm ready to begin the next chapter of my hockey career."
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home